How do I unfreeze a Credit Bureau?

Security freezes may be requested by the consumer in some states when they are the victim of identity theft in which case, the freeze is usually a free service to the consumer. In many states; however, a consumer has the right to request a freeze independent of identity theft for a small fee.

The subject will have to contact both (TransUnion and Equifax) to have the freeze lifted for a 24 hour period, or otherwise, provide to FRM a pin number to access the bureau.  The following website (s) will facilitate the subject in lifting the freeze on the bureau.



Comments are closed.